Friday 28 October 2011

Urijah Faber looking to make a statement, finish Brian Bowles at UFC 139

Urijah Faber came up just short against Dominick Cruz in his bid for the UFC Bantamweight Championship in July, and now he's looking to get another chance with his fight against Brian Bowles at UFC 139 next month. In an interview with ESPN, Faber said he knows he's got a tough fight with Bowles, but is out to make a statement in that bout:

"He's super tough. He's one of the world champions that not many people have heard of. For the fans it's not as big of a deal but for me, knowing how tough he is, I know it's going to be a good fight.

He's fast but he's not as fast as I am. He's strong but I don't think he's as strong as I am. He's got great wrestling, he's got a lot of submissions - mostly chokes, like myself - but I think the creativity that I bring to the table and also the experience that I have is going to be the edge. And I gotta find a way to finish him because he's a hard guy to finish and I need to make a statement."

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_10969.shtml

Rashad Evans Urijah Faber Wagnney Fabiano Kevin Kimbo Slice Ferguson Paulo Filho Mirko Cro Cop Filipović Luiz Buscapé Firmino Spencer Fisher Jon Fitch Kenny Florian

No comments:

Post a Comment